Hello. I’m Kristi.
I build and optimize websites for a living.
In my free time, I take photos.
A brief intro
I was that nerdy kid building websites in my parents’ basement in the late ‘90s. Yes, I remember Angelfire and table layouts! I have been planning, designing, building, and optimizing websites for more than half my life. I fell in love with this craft, and I have been fortunate enough to make it my career.
I also enjoy writing, photography, canoeing, hiking, and reading. Too many hobbies, not enough time.
Since my first job at age 16, I’ve been making websites. I have more than 15 years of experience spanning web design, digital content optimization, and web project management.
I am a designer and creator at heart. But being a lifelong learner, I couldn’t help but branch out into related areas.
For the last several years, I have been working as web optimization engineer. In my role, I design/build/optimize web pages. It is my job to make our web properties more effective, whether that is by making a better user experience, increasing leads, or by motivating prospects to buy.
1998-2004 (student years)
- Learned HTML and CSS
- Web assistant for daily newspaper
- Bachelor’s: Mass Communication with minor in New Media and Web Design
- Print design internship
- Web design internship for radio station
- Worked as a front end web designer (both in-house and agency)
- 200+ hours in usability lab
- Master’s: Innovation studies with emphasis on web content design and user behavior
- Certificate: Business analysis
- Dedicated project management
- Leadership training
- Web operations
- Marketing technology
- Optimization and strategy (SEO and CRO)
- Certification: Conversion Optimization (CXL)
- Certification: Digital Psychology Specialist (CXL)
- Certification: Inbound marketing (Hubspot)
- Certification: SEMRush Certificate for SEOs
- Additional courses: Traffic Acquisition SEO and PPC, Advanced Organic Acquisition, Product Messaging, Data-Driven Product Messaging
Website design, UX, UI patterns, usability testing, branding, graphic design, wireframing and prototyping, information architecture.
Dev and operations, content management system (CMS) configuration and administration, workflow, and deployment management.
Conversion optimization, SEO, A/B testing, landing page optimization, marketing technology, and automation.
Kind words from people I respect
You’re going to be hard-pressed to find a craftsman with her unique blend of talents.
She expertly weaves her understanding of technology and tools with her creativity and understanding of user experience to deliver outstanding designs time and time again.Chuck Mallott
Kristi is one of the most talented web professionals I have ever met. She cares deeply about the quality and standards of her work, and it shows. She especially shines when it comes to planning and executing on user conversion and experience within the website.Matthew
Her strengths in digital marketing, design, and UX easily set her ahead of her peers, but one of her biggest strengths is her ability to take on any challenge in the digital space, research best-practice and cutting-edge techniques, and propose a solution that directly and efficiently addresses the issue.Josh Williams